Friday, September 21, 2007

34 - 36

Wow, I'm starting to get scared. We're in the countdown now till 2008, or at least the last quarter of 2007 and I've only read 37 books...and nothing much of substance! AHHHHHH!!! must try harder!

Well, I made a little trip to House of James with my Mother in Law while she was here and scored some great deals. I've finally had some time to do some reading:

DEADLINE by Randy Alcorn: I've read some of his other books and I think they were kind of Frank Perrettiish, but this one (which seemed like more of a thriller/mystery) really surprised me. There was a lot of good stuff in here as well as a storyline which kept me reading despite the almost 450 pages in about a size SEVEN font!!! My only complaint is that he got a bit preachy at times (why do Christian writers do that. Hello, I bought your book in a Christian bookstore, I'm probably a Christian!) Other than that, Great book.

Who's Grace by James R. Coggins: This was part of a three pack I got cheap like Borscht. Written by the ex-editor of the MB Herald who lives in Vancouver BC. Lots of Canadian references. Interesting story - CSI meets christian Medium. liked it enough to keep reading...

Desolation Highway by JRCoggins: This John Smyth guy who plays the lead totally reminds me of Bob Larson. Short, red beard, balding...That's who I picture in my mind when I'm reading this anyway. Another good mystery. Think I'm going to go crack open number three....

No comments: