Thursday, November 12, 2009

57 & 58

Hmn, somewhere along the line I stopped blogging about books as I read them.

After I finished Playing with Fire, I devoured the other book I'd bought by him. By happy chance I'd picked up the two books that followed the PR book I read this summer. And even odder, I read them in sequence. So Strange Affair was the third of his books and I have to admit, I'm hooked. Britmystery along the lines of PD James or Ruth Rendell.

I feel like I quickly read another book before I had to start on the book for our book club. As I haven't quite finished that, I won't mention it yet. Suffice it to say it was last month's book and I'm still not quite done! However, I've recommitted to reading all the books I started this year and haven't finished (unless they were rubbish) so there's a stack of them waiting for me. After book club meeting, I finished Early Days by Miss Read.

Then it was on to Blue Hole Back Home by Joy Jordan Lake. EXCELLENT book, though I almost feel like I need to read it again and not be so emotional about it this time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Love, love LOVVVVe your blog's new background.