Saturday, February 20, 2010

8-10

8. Alter of Eden by James Rollins
9. Doomsday Key by James Rollins
10. The Monster in the Box by Ruth Rendell

...I've read an awful lot of James Rollins lately and though I've complained an awful lot about his writing in the past (too formulaic) this time things felt different. I didn't read the JR books in any particular order (more in order of when they were due back at the library!) and each one seemed better than the last.

I love how he takes real scientific fact and builds these insanely crazy stories. If people ask, I always describe Rollins as a hybrid of Dan Brown and Michael Crichton.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was given by a friend. The guy's smart, but I'm not sure if I like the book yet...jury's still out.

Unknown said...

Dude, something happened in that post. It was supposed to say THE LAST ORACLE by J. Rollins, but, I, uh, did something wrong. Apologies!