Wednesday, September 1, 2010

46 & 47

Thank goodness my request list came through for me. Just got back from a road trip through the mountains in Washington State and my two books came in handy for all the scary bits!

First up was the second book by Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie author, Alan Bradley. The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag was every bit as good as Sweetness, and I must admit I can't wait to read A Red Herring Without Mustard. Too bad it's not out till February!!

Next was Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson. I have to admit I wasn't too sure I would like this book. I think I only ordered it based on the title. And I probably wouldn't have chosen it to read next except it was the first book due back at the library.

This was one of those books that had me laughing out loud, reading quotes to Andrew, and scribbling little lines (like this one: "...passion is all very well, but it wouldn't do to spill the tea...") I loved this book and have ordered Andrew to commence reading immediately!

No comments: