Saturday, June 16, 2007

Twenty Six and Seven

Dust by Marsha Grimes - I forgot to blog about this one when I finished reading it. Now that I've pretty much finished Agatha Christie and PD James' mysteries, I've turned to Marsha Grimes. I love how she fools me into thinking she's a British author. She's an American who almost gets it right.

What sticks out in my memory most about this book is Wiggins' tirade against the end of the "happy eater" restaurant chain in England (due to Burger King buying out the chain). My family spent many hours in Happy Eater when house hunting throughout the South of Britain. Such a tragedy.

End in Tears by Ruth Rendell - I've watched the Ruth Rendell mysteries on television often enough. Now that I've found the mystery section of my library, I thought I'd give this book a go. I have to say that I couldn't figure this mystery out until the same moment CID Wexford did. So to me that's a good thing. It was sooooooo hard not to peek at the end of this book, but I restrained myself.

Having discovered the mystery section, I'm afraid I'm overindulging. I expect I'll read something more...intellectual? sometime or other, just not till I'm done with all the lovely thrillers currently on my shelves...

1 comment:

Christine said...

Big mystery fan too. Must check out Ruth Randall and Grimes. Always on the lookout for this type of stuff.