Tuesday, April 27, 2010

21: in which I finish with Michael Crichton

I popped in the library with David last week and happened to see (along with Mall Cop and Baby Mama) Michael Crichton's last book in the weekly rentals. Since I've read everything else he wrote (fiction), I thought I'd better do this one too. I kept expecting killer bugs, or insane zombies or something for which MC was so famous. But I suppose The Great Train Robbery was just a good read. And so was Pirate Latitudes.

Not too much ship talk. Not too much pirate talk. The only thing I would have changed is how the book ended abruptly and then had an epilogue which just gave a paragraph for how the story ended for each character. But perhaps MC never had time to finish before his death?

A good read in any case...

No comments: