Tuesday, May 25, 2010

26 & 27 Lots and lots of chicklit

I didn't even realise that I'd missed one of Sophie Kinsella's books until Bec commented on one of my previous postings. At which point I rushed to my computer and ordered a copy of Undomestic Goddess. Which was just what I needed to get over the war book I'd just finished.

And when I picked up my copy of Goddess, I found a copy of Jennifer Weiner's Best Friends Forever.

Now, when I read my first Weiner book, I thougth she wrote chick lit for moms. But the entire time I was reading this book, I just kept thinking how much it was like a Douglas Coupland book. Girlfriend in a Coma or Life After God. Not really chick lit at all. But good.

2 comments:

Ben S. said...

haha - glad you found it. what did you think? i have a friend who couldn't stand it and meanwhile, it's my fav! if you're looking for more chick-lit, one of my other favs is the emily giffen series "something borrowed" and "something blue". i feel like the writing is just a bit better and litte less chick than kinsella.

ramblin'andie said...

You know, I really liked it! I think I like the two stand alone books better than the shopaholic series (which felt a little contrived after the first one).

I've seen those Emily Giffen books on my sister's bookshelf...I'm going to order them too. Thanks :)