Sunday, August 24, 2008

32, 33, 34

Have to say this was not my favorite PD James. I read another book review on this one and I think I might agree that it's in part because it is hard to warm up to the main character. I wanted to like her but it just didn't happen.

Also, I didn't figure out the mystery before she did.

I think my mystery figuring out must be in a downward spiral. This book had me guessing right until the end too. In fact, I did something I never do...I read the last page of the book before I was even halfway through the story. Yes, that's how obsessed I was solving the mystery.




I do love these Richard Jury mysteries. Funnily enough, I read The Case Has Altered first and it makes several references to Five Bells. One of these days I shall have to collect the entire Richard Jury series and read them from beginning to end.

No comments: