Thursday, January 15, 2009

1-6

Well, I only managed to read 50 books in 2008. My minimum goal is 50 books a year, so I just squeaked in. But in 2007 I read 54 so I've fallen behind. Luckily, I've already read 6 books this year (started book 7 this morning) so I might be able to beat my goal this year.

Books 1-3 were part of another trilogy called The Chronicles of Fairacre by Miss Read. The individual books are Village School, Village Diary, and Storm in the Village. My mum got me onto these books and they are such a refreshing change. A little like Bollywood movies...they're sappy sweet, full of old fashioned morals, and guaranteed not to have anything untoward.

Books 5 & 6 were also Miss Read books, Miss Clare Remembers and Emily Davis. I have 8 or more of these in my book cupboard and I'm highly looking forward to them.

Book 4 was Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella. She definitely follows a pattern in her books, but that doesn't make them any less loveable, just a little familiar.

No comments: