Saturday, January 24, 2009

7 & 8

I've been wanting to read PD James' The Private Patient for a while. I was hoping to get a copy of the book for Christmas, and when that didn't happen, I thought I'd get it at Costco. Of course the book was sold out and as the paper back is due out next month, the hardcover is nowhere to be seen.

That is until a copy of it mysteriously showed up at my place of work. I waited ten days, but when no one claimed the book, I borrowed - and devoured - it.

And it was marvellous. I love the Adam Dalgliesh mysteries. In fact, my only complaint was that it felt like goodbye. By the end it felt as if all the major character's lives had been tidily fixed. Which I suppose, as PD James is in her 89 year, might be appropriate.

The 8th book I've read this month is A Peaceful Retirement by Miss Read. Another lovely book. In fact, this might be my favorite so far. Good thing mum has more on order as I think I'm quite addicited...

No comments: